PART-TIME PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
28 FEB 2022 – POSITION NOW FILLED
Thank you to all those who applied.
Cairn Candle Co. is looking for a motivated, energetic, and driven part-time Production Assistant to join our team. As a Production Assistant, key responsibilities involve assisting with the candle-making process. This includes wicking, labelling and packaging candles with keen attention to detail. The position also involves shipping, fulfilment, and inventory coordination.
Day-to-day responsibilities will fluctuate depending on the week. No prior candle-making experience is required. All training will be provided.
Contract: Fixed term 52 week contract with potential to extend
Hours: 16 per week
Rate of pay: £11.00 per hour
Location: Grantown on Spey
Start Date: March/April 2022
Duties + Responsibilities:
- Production responsibilities include:
- Labelling + wicking
- Post-production tasks include labelling candle jars, adding dust covers, and preparing candles before they are shipped.
- Packing for shipments
- Updating stock levels and tracking inventory
- Packing and processing online orders for dispatch
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Requirements + Desired Skills:
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and consistency
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks and working independently
- Must have a can-do work ethic
- Reliable, honest, and trustworthy
- Self-starter with strong creative problem-solving skills
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- IT proficient
The successful candidate will be working in a very fragrant candle workshop. We advise that this job is not ideal for those with fragrance sensitivities or severe allergies. The role will also involve a lot of independent work.
This position is supported by a Highland Council employment grant. To apply, you must meet all the following criteria:
- Are unemployed or are completing a paid work experience placement such as Kickstart and Community Jobs Scotland. Individuals who have been issued with a formal redundancy notice are also eligible (evidence will be required)
- Have not left another job voluntarily to take up this opportunity
- Are aged between 16-67 years
- Are not currently attending school or further education at the same time as taking up the post
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
- Have permanent residence within the Highland Council area
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in applying, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Production Assistant” in the subject line. In your email, please attach your CV, confirm you meet the above criteria, and tell us why you’d be a good fit for this position and why you want to work with Cairn Candle Co.
This is a position with growth in mind and we’re really excited to welcome the successful candidate into the team!
Sustainable and paraffin free soy wax
combined with cotton wicks for a clean burn.
We’re animal-cruelty free too!
All our products are 100% plastic-free and feature recyclable and biodegradable packaging and labeling.
WE PLANT TREES
We plant a tree in Sub-Saharan Africa for
every candle sold through our partnership
with Trees For The Future.
LET’S PLANT TREES
We plant a tree in Sub-Saharan Africa for every candle and diffuser sold.
Trees For The Future currently work with over 4,000 farming families in Cameroon, Kenya, Senegal, Uganda, Guinea and Tanzania to improve the livelihoods of impoverished farmers by revitalizing degraded lands.
Their goal is to break the cycle of poverty and eradicate hunger for 1 million people by planting 500 million trees in 125,000 Forest Gardens.
Our partnership with the charity launched with the planting of 10,000 trees and we look forward to building this number over the coming years.